Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Poopiness

Today was one of those mornings where I couldn’t remember what day it was or what I was getting up to do. To add to my confusion, it was still dark out when my alarm went off at 5:45 a.m. A time that my alarm clock has not seen in a very, very long time.

I was excited though, once I got up because I remembered that I was supposed to fly to Chicago today to meet up with the rest of the people I’m flying to Egypt with tomorrow. I was still excited until I found out it was cancelled. And when I found out my flight at SFO turned out to be in Oakland. And when I found out that it was rescheduled for close to five hours later. And when I realized that I forgot my camera battery at home. And as I sit here writing this at the airport, realizing that the lack of sleep and the frazzled life I’ve led the last couple of weeks has fully caught up with me with this full-blown cold. Sniff. Sniff. Cry for me Argentina, why don’t you.

But still, four other folks and I from bschool are leading a group of 20 people who are starting their first year at school on this trip to Egypt for the next week. I remember what it was like as though it was yesterday (not two years ago) - how excited I was to take a break from work, meet tons of new and interesting people and travel to places I’d never thought I’d go (like Iceland). So I know I have to put on that happy face (come on, sing along with me!).

It’s funny, working at a school district now, how much my perspective changes. I watch the really good teachers, who put on a happy face for 6-8 hours a day for 30 kids (6-8 year olds!) no matter what’s going on in their life and I can’t imagine how exhausting it is to force myself to do that right now and make happy/nice even when I’m feeling poopy. Yes, I just said poopy. Sigh. Teachers rock.

So I’m gonna try my best to get drugged up on medication and not be a Debbie Downer when I arrive tonight (13 hours from when I left the house, mind you. Okay, I gotta stop. Sniff.Sniff).

Okay, time to go blow my nose. Maybe it’ll be like yoga. Blow all the negative poopiness out. Breathe positive niceness in.

Alright, off to the pyramids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home