Sunday, January 28, 2007

hermit days

for those of you who know me, today was of unusual and probably unheard of circumstances. i managed to not leave my house at all - for the whole day. my housemate kept saying, "so what are you up to the rest of the day?" and my answer in the morning, afternoon, and evening was, "nothing. i'm just going to stay at home today." each time, i think she gave me a funny, "haha, i don't believe you" look.

for those of you who don't know, i'm the type of person who is occupied most hours of the day and i revel in cramming in a bunch of activities on the weekends. i am a can't-say-no type of person, and though amazingly fun and fulfilling, i get worn out in roller coaster cycles.

which is why i loved today so much. i stayed in my pjs all day. took care of my bills, signed up for car insurance (go progressive!), did some extracurricular work (boring stuff: work for a board i'm on, admissions stuff for my bschool, etc), some real job work, watched half of Cruel Intentions (a great hermit day guilty pleasure btw), finally cooked a home cooked meal, called my parents.

sitting by the window this afternoon, i realized how much these kinds of days make me happy, just because it lets me take care of things that would otherwise make my life a little crazy. and how worn out i get just from the way my life normally is. and then i was thinking what kind of lifestyle is actually sustainable so that i won't need to crave such days. or would that kind of life be too boring? i feel like i'm constantly fighting that battle to find the right balance and either i'm too restless, lonely or i'm too burnt out from going out. is it just the age i'm at? or is it just me?

either way, i think i will carve out more time for my hermit days. here's to all day in pjs.

1 Comments:

Blogger tatertot said...

yeah, totally loving the hermit nights too these days. btw, didn't know you went to the jt concert too! he totally rocked my body...did i just say that? :)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home