Thursday, March 29, 2007

me, myself and sf

the older i get the more i start to realize just how much my family has influenced me in so many small and big ways. for example, my mom has 8 siblings and my dad has 6 and i've grown up around mostly all of them. family get togethers used to be a big affair. kids running around. adults talking and laughing in every room. rarely was there ever a quiet moment.

maybe that's why i am restless and uncomfortable with silence in general. and the fact that i scored nearly 90% Extrovert on my myers-briggs test. and that i always thought i could never live alone.

don't get me wrong. i like my down time. i love to reflect. but all i need is a couple of hours (or maybe my computer). after that, put me in a room with other people i like and that's where i thrive, get energized and am happy.

tomorrow is cesar chavez day, and working at the school district that i do, we get the day off. the first thing i thought was, "sweeet! a free day in the city." then, i thought, "who's gonna come out and play with me?" then i realized that, doh, everyone else is actually working. my friend knull said, "it might actually be kinda nice to have the day to yourself."

huh. interesting. that thought has actually not occurred to me in so long. so i think i'll try something different this time and do a date with sf tomorrow. just you and me, dude. let's hit it.

2 Comments:

Blogger waiting4heinz said...

i had a date with sf once...it was actually quite nice!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Jenny Lee Photography said...

I used to hate being alone too. After I got married and then after I had babypork, it made me realize that I won't even be alone anymore like the way I used to be when I was single. I could but you know what I mean, its just not the same. So enjoy it while you can because you might miss it soon later on.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home