Monday, February 28, 2005

in the snow of the night

at the end of my school day (which ran to about 8 pm tonight), i had a throbbing headache, a scratchy throat and impending cold/flu, with my eyes strained and out of focus from staring at my computer screen for four hours straight (oh, look, i'm doing that again now!). let's just say i wasn't feeling the best.

then, as i left the building to walk home, i realized it was snowing outside. and all of a sudden, my mood was lifted.

it was just a light sprinkle of snow - enough to make it glisten on the ground under the street lamps as i took my walk home. i liked the crunching it made under my footsteps. i liked how my prints left a trace so the next person behind me could imagine the path i was taking, as i was doing of the person before me. i thought about how some of the times, i'm sad cuz i miss the warmth of the weather and friends in california. and how sometimes, i just really love that i moved away to nights like tonight because it was my own.

yes, i had on a down jacket, gloves, a hood and boots. but i was warm, it was crisp outside and it's a joy i now know that i never had before in my memory.

2 Comments:

Blogger dodger said...

snow is the icing on top of a very very cold cold cake. - confudodge.

10:48 PM  
Blogger waiting4heinz said...

it's kinda like "Women of Questionable Morals" if you saw it...

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home