Thursday, April 21, 2005

I fell off the wagon

My Dell died today and is on its way to greener pastures as we speak. Of course, I went through the normal stages - anger, denial, withdrawal. and now, i'm what you call fallen off the wagon.

it was actually a pretty amazing time - i'm nostalgic already about my time without a computer (okay, so it was only for 6 hours, but i didn't know that at the time). after i sent the laptop off, i became strangely more productive. i made all the phone calls i needed, tidied up my to do lists for the day, finished a few projects in one of the computer labs on campus. maybe it was the lack of distractions of incoming emails (see my first blog posting and you'll understand why), no IMing, no surfing the web for random things like today's weather (which i can argue is necessary in goddamn chicago). but it was just me, alone, without my little beloved dell and i finished more than i ever have in one day.

but of course, that didn't last long. my shivering and sweats got the better of me and i knew i had to do something about it. i got my friend to finagle a loaner laptop for me from our IT department at school and lone behold, i'm at home and back online! i guess you can say i fell off the offline wagon, but damn, it feels so good! my downfall, my obsession. what can ya do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home