Sunday, April 01, 2007

date with sf

my day with sf started out beautifully - it was 73 degrees and sunny (in sf, that's considered summer heat). as a little context, i have been traveling non-stop for the last month or so, so this day off was much, much anticipated.

started the day with a little gym action and went to a kickboxing class. kicked and punched to the instructors orders, "nose! chest! groin!" who knew it would be this naughty. little did i know that it would be the theme for the day.

then went grocery shopping, came back for a nap and of course chatted online and checked email for a bit (that was inevitable).

after a nice shower to appease all those around me, i set off on my task of finding the perfect set of lingerie for this weekend's bachelorette party/lingerie shower for a girlfriend of mine. we decided to do a naughty and nice theme gift.

who knew, btw, that it would be this hard to find naughty lingerie in a mall. after a couple of hours, i finally hit victoria's secret. and even then!

the most uncomfortable part of the experience was the sketchy big security guard dude that kept walking back and forth eyeing all the customers as I poked around skimpy girly stuff thinking, i hope he doesn't go home imagining us all in this stuff.

and then, jackpot! i found a sexy black see-thru number that was perfect. let's just say it involved buttons at the crotch and there were enough appropriate holes that the bride-to-be wasn't quite sure which body parts could go where. uh huh. your husband can just thank us later.

i never really understood the idea of a lingerie shower though. it's really gifts that keep on giving - for the husband. i mean, i know plenty of women who like that kind of stuff too, but i'm guessing a girl might appreciate a massage, clothes, shoes, chocolate, a hot young dancer thang...oops. i digress.

after that lil journey (i know, my life is tough), i came back for a quick nap before our girls' dinner. it was a perfect day to just do my own thing on my date with sf. sf was pleasant, accommodating and took me to territory i have never been before (woo!).

so, um...maybe we can do it again sometime?

1 Comments:

Blogger misocrazy said...

Didn't you learn anything about the joys of solitary relaxation from living with me?

As an INTP, solo/downtime is key for me! I also spent most of last Sat/Sunday alone, at home, in PJs, watching CSI:NY, knitting, crocheting, reading and eating Chinese takeout. Hadn't had a full weekend like that in ages, and I forgot how much I love it.

(--Except when I drop glass in the kitchen. But even that's an adventure of its own. Someday I'll look at that scar and think fondly of my solo days in that nice SF apartment.)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home