Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Sound of Music

I was sitting on the subway train on the way to the airport today (yes, again!) bobbing my head and bouncing my leg as I listened to Voxtrot on my iPod. I looked around and there were at least 3 or 4 other people wearing their iPods around me, and suddenly I felt a little self-conscious. I was the only one rocking out to my iPod. If it wasn’t for their headphones, you probably wouldn’t have guessed they were listening to music. Then I thought, why do I feel weird about enjoying my music? Shouldn’t that actually be the norm? People should feel like they have the freedom to hum, dance around, bob their heads or whatever else fits with their music of choice. How many times have you had the urge to shake your little groove thing walking down the street or sitting on the train? Why don’t you? Isn’t that the more natural way? So I say we start a movement. Feel self-conscious no longer! Rock your hot lil bod out the next time you feel it in your bones.

K, gotta go - I got a lil dancing to do.

To set the mood, here's some Naturally 7 for those who haven't seen/heard them:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Lee said...

No matter how many times I watch this video, I never get tired of it. Man, they're good.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jenny Lee Photography said...

Now that's what I call a great commute.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home