Saturday, April 21, 2007

the more i ignore you, the closer you get

i was just thinking about you today. wondering when you'd show up. hoping you'd forgotten about me. and as timing would have it, there you were today, at my door. so predictable.

i guess i knew deep down that there was no escaping you. you'd come looking for me if you didn't hear from me. it's just one of those things though. i'm sorry. life got busy. i had better things to do, people to see. i forgot about you. okay, that's a lie. i thought about you, i just didn't want to deal with you anymore. maybe i was in denial. you know - if i just ignored you, you'd just go away.

but of course, that didn't happen. you found me anyways. you have cost me more than you know, all these past months. so, fine, you win. if i just pay you, will you just go away? i'll be better next time.

i. hate. parking tickets. especially the ones with the late fines in the mail.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home