Wednesday, June 22, 2005

a lil recap

since i'm sitting here waiting for the guy to come fix my smashed window (see previous post) and i don't feel like working right now, i thought i'd give a lil recap of the last month that i've been blogless.

My first official year of business school ended in a flurry - i finished finals on tuesday, packed all my furniture and stuff on wed (you CAN pack your whole apt in less than 24 hours i've discovered!), moved then flew to LA on Thursday, drove from LA to SF on Friday and started work with a 12-hour orientation day on Saturday.

Some highlights of this journey:

  • I used movers for the first time ever. Tony, the guy I arranged the move with (and who i was totally convinced was shady) shows up with two other guys. Turns out Tony has one leg and is on crutches! (no, really)
  • When my strange movers and I arrived at the storage place with all my stuff, there was a sign on the door saying “Due to a power outage, we will be closed the rest of the day. Will re-open 7:30 am tomorrow.” I almost freaked out. I talked them into taking me as one of their last customers. Yay for being a girl and having negotiation skills!
  • That night, to celebrate the end of our first year together, my girlfriends and I were planning on going to a big party that the rest of our friends were at. Us four musketeers consisted of Red, who had to go home and study for a final, Doppel, who was sick and hacking up a cough, Noodles who had blisters on her feet and me, who was running on fumes after 3 hours of sleep and about 12 hours of packing and moving. We were a walking party-in-a-box, let me tell ya.
  • We make a “quick” stop by school to pick up Noodles’ camera from my friend BoBear’s locker (long story) but for the life of me, I can’t find her locker! Noodles and Doppel decide to come in and help me and insist on walking through the bushes like the secret agents that they are.
  • We finally find the locker, but the combination BoBear gave me is wrong. Or as I find out a few minutes later on the phone, BoBear doesn’t remember which locker is hers!!! So we end up trying her combination on ten billion rows of lockers and still no luck. Someone will be walking into that room with all the locks ending at 26.
  • By this time, it’s near midnight and we are getting calls from our friends saying the party sucks and they are all coming home from downtown. So much for our big night out (but secretly I think all of us were thrilled because we were really in pain). It’s a Blockbuster night!
  • We get to Noodle’s apt at 11:56 pm. Just in time to not be able to make it to Blockbuster before it closes by midnight. Ah, well, that’s okay. We’ll just watch whatever movie is playing on cable. Except Noodles just cancelled her cable. Ah, well, that’s okay. We can just watch one of the movies she owns – nobody puts Baby in the corner!! Except the DVD player is not working. Ah, well...We end up just talking about life and this past year and this summer for two hours anyway – who needs other sources of entertainment when you’ve got great company, right? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger misocrazy said...

You crazy overachievers! That locker fiasco is totally something out of The Amazing Race.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home